We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
What User Data We Collect
We collect and store information that you provide to us by creating or editing an account and interacting with customer support. When you visit the PC, we may collect the following data:
- Your name, phone number, address and email address.
- Your vehicle information including license plates.
- Responses to survey questions asked during the sign-up process.
- Geolocation information
Credit card and bank information may also be collected by our credit card processor (https://www.globalpayments.com/privacy-statement) but we limit the information we collect to the last four digits of the credit card, the credit card type and the credit card’s expiration date. Any time we ask for a credit card number or bank information we transmit that information using industry standard SSL encryption.
How We Use the Data We Collect
PC may use the information for the following legitimate business purposes:
- To provide you with reservation and purchase confirmations when you purchase parking on Our site.
- To contact you or have one of Our parking operator partners contact you regarding your reservation or billing account.
- To facilitate payment processing through our third-party vendor or prevent / detect fraud.
- To provide you with parking facility options near your location.
- To provide the onsite parking technology system with your information so you can enter and exit a parking facility.
How We Disclose Your Data
ParkChirp, LLC is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. ParkChirp has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online. We may disclose the information we collect to our partners and vendors for legitimate business purposes. To help keep your information secure, we limit the disclosure of your data to:
- To our Partners – We disclose your information to our Partners that mange the parking facility that you purchased parking at.
- To our payment processor – We disclose your payment information to our payment processor to facilitate processing payments.
- To parking technology systems – We disclose your information to parking technology systems to facilitate access to the parking facility you purchased parking at.
PC does not collect cookies on our website.
We will retain your information while you maintain a PC account. Thereafter, we will keep personal information for as long as reasonably necessary: (i) to provide our services; (ii) for reasonable business purposes; (iii) to comply with any applicable laws. We delete personal information within a reasonable period after we no longer need the information and have determined your account is no longer in use.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (California Civil Code Section 1798.83 “CCPA”) provides additional privacy rights to California residents as stated below.
Informative Request. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the previous twelve months, including:
- The personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- How any personal information collected is used by us; and
- The categories of third parties with who we have shared your personal information.
When requested we will share all information collected in the previous twelve months from the date of request. We do not sell any of the personal information we have collected to you to any third party.
Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected. Under the law, there are a number of exceptions, that include, but are not limited to when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a service we offer;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Engage in scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adhere to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. Additionally, you may appoint an agent to make any above request on your behalf, we may require evidence of such appointment to comply with any requests made by agents. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising your rights / Verifiable Consumer Request. To request access to or deletion of your personal information please visit parkchirp.com/account, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please visit https://parkchirp.com/support/ and submit a request for the personal information collected.
Responding to Request. It is our goal to respond to your request for the collected information or the deletion of the information we have collected within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time or unable to comply with your request, we will inform you of the reason and inform you of the extension period for completion in writing.
New York Residents
The Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Security (N.Y. Gen Bus. Law§ 899-bb, “SHIELD” Act) provides additional privacy rights to New York residents as stated below.
Private Information. SHIELD expands the definition of this term to include account numbers, biometric information, credit/debit card numbers, access codes, usernames, email addresses, passwords, and security questions and answers.
Breach. A breach is now considered more broadly and it refers to the unauthorized access of data that compromises the security of private information.
Scope. The SHIELD Act expands the scope to any person or business that handles private information of a New York resident.
Security Requirements. The Act requires companies to adopt reasonable safeguards to protect the integrity of private information.
PC complies with or exceeds the requirements of the SHIELD Act in the following ways:
- The administrative safeguards in respect of the SHIELD Act used by PC include conducting periodic risk assessments, training employees in security program best practices and procedures, designation of a key engineering leader to maintain accountability for the security program, to carefully select subcontractors and flowdown safeguards by contract to them, and adjust our security protocols as the demands of the business evolve.
- The physical safeguards employed by PC in respect of the SHIELD Act include routine assessment of information storage and disposal risk, maintaining our current systems to prevent, detect, and respond to any unauthorized intrusion, disposal, or its functional equivalent, of private information within a reasonable amount of time if requested by the consumer.
- Lastly, for technical safeguards, PC will continually identify risks in its network to the extend commercially reasonable and possible, identify risks in information processing, transmission, and storage, detect and respond to system failures or attacks, and consistently monitor and test the effectiveness of its system procedures.
Questions regarding this Policy may be directed to ParkChirp support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write directly to ParkChirp LLC at:
4 E Ohio Street, Suite 35
Chicago, IL 60611